Conflict Resolution & Negotiation Skills – 1 day
Learn about conflict resolution, how to deal with conflict by recognising and using negotiation skills effectively.
Why choose this course
- Learn how to manage conflict constructively by using a range of techniques beyond those you may habitually use.
- Learn to recognise conflict styles in negotiation and have the appropriate tools in preparation and at the time to achieve the best outcome.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course; it is suitable for anyone who wants to broaden their approach to conflict resolution and get the most from negotiation. There is a maximum number of 12 delegates for this course.
- Team Leaders
- Customer service staff
This training will help you to manage conflict constructively by using a range of techniques beyond those you may habitually use. This will enable you to recognise conflict styles in negotiation and have the appropriate tools in preparation and at the time to achieve the best outcome.
- By the end of the course, delegates will:
- Understand the common causes of conflict
- Be able to use different communication models to assist in resolving conflict
- Be able to describe and use different methods for dealing with various conflict situations
- Understand what is negotiation and the ‘sub-text’
- Understand the importance of BATNA and ZOPA in negotiation
- Practice negotiation in a ‘safe’ environment
Conflict & communication
- Understanding conflict and common causes
- Effective communication – listening, questions and empathy
- Understand social styles
- Factors contributing to communication breakdown
Conflict Resolution Models
- TKI conflict modes – understand 5 preferences
- Skills practice using the models
Patterns of Negotiation Behaviour
- What is said and unsaid in negotiation?
- Tools to use before negotiation
- Top 10 tips of what to do and how to manage negotiation
Learning, Teaching & Assessment
The course is highly interactive, encouraging participation and making use of exercises. There will be the opportunity for skills practice and review in each section. Learners will experience a range of classroom teaching methods including role play, group-working, discussion, case studies and both individual and group presentations.
Download course outline
Download a copy of the course outline for Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills.